Strategic Technology Management
Individuals who wish to obtain a certificate in Strategic Technology Management must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree
- Complete the following core courses:
- TE 460: Entrepreneurship for Engineers (1 hour)
- TE 461: Technology Entrepreneurship (3 hours)
- TE 567: Venture-Funded Startups (1 hour)
- Complete any combination of the following elective courses for a total of at least two credit hours:
- TE 401: Developing Breakthrough Projects (1 hour)
- TE 450: Startups: Inc, Fund, Contracts, IP (3 hours)*
- TE 466: High Tech Venture Marketing (2 hours)
- TE 560: Managing Advanced Technology I (1 hour)**
- TE 565: Technology Innovation and Strategy (2 hours)
- TE 566: Finance for Engineering Management (2 hours)
- GE 400: Engineering Law (3 hours)***
- Attendance of the Silicon Valley Workshop
- Submission of 1-page essay about your experience submitted to TEC (equivalent to 1 hour course credit) is required
- Earn at least a B- in each course
- Processing fee: $100**. Payment can be made online with a credit card or a check/money order can be mailed. These options are available to choose from in the online application.If payment represents a hardship, there is an option to waive the processing fee. When you go to apply for the certificate, in the payment options, you will see this as an option.
If you don't yet meet the requirements listed above but are interested in this certificate, please fill out this interest form and TEC will contact you periodically to follow-up on your progress.
*This course was previously called ENG/TE 398: Legal Issues in Engineering Entrepreneurship.
**May substitute another elective listed below if haven't taken ENG/TE 560 before August 2016.
***If completed prior to August 2014, students may count GE 400 towards this certificate. If taken after, GE 400 will not count towards this certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact Terry Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org